• Complete an application in person at the community Medicaid office in Freehold, Toms River, Trenton or New Brunswick.
• A phone application is not permitted.
Information to Have on Hand for Your Medicaid Application
When completing your Medicaid application, you will need the following:
• Birth certificate or driver’s license
• Social security card or proof of alien status.
• Paystubs, Social Security statements, Supplemental Security Income, Veteran’s Benefits, or other retirement income or tax return to prove your income.
• Proof of any financial assets available to you.
• Proof of disability – If you are completing a Medicaid application because you’re disabled, your doctor may need to submit documentation as specified on your Medicaid application.
• Proof of residence.
• Your red, white and blue Medicare card or other proof of insurance.